Fast file/directory archiver using Acorn Squash module.
This is an archiver which can collect a directory of files into a single, compressed file for later extraction. It was written (some time ago) to address some problems with most archiving software on RISC OS:
* operates very quickly, using the Acorn Squash module for compression
* can generate a detailed log file of what was archived
* can generate checksums for each object archived to validate that what is extracted matches what was archived
* copes with long filenames (virtually unlimited length) and large numbers of items per directory (virtually unlimited)
* archiving accelerated by knowledge of various compressed file types so that it doesn't waste time attempting to compress files which are already compressed,eg. "Archive" (&DDC) and "JPEG" (&C85) to name but a few