!RDPClient is a RISC OS client for servers running the Remote Desktop Protocol, also called Terminal Services.
Remote Desktop allows a client machine to log onto a server over a network and be presented with a virtual desktop display. Applications run entirely on the server under control of the client's keyboard and mouse with the display graphics being rendered on the client machine.
Remote Desktop server software is available for both Linux and Microsoft Windows with many editions of Window having single user versions built in.
The principle features are:
* Multi-tasking windowed operation.
* Full screen multi-tasking operation.
* Full screen single tasking mode.
* Optimised screen updates in the Desktop by utilising an aggregating redraw queue.
* Support for 8bit, 15bit, 16bit, 24bit and 32bit server screen modes.
* Sound redirection.
* Full colour animated mouse pointer.
* Keyboard with server keymap selection.
* Clipboard redirection.
* Configurable keyboard shortcuts.
* Support for RDP data compression.
New features in version 0.88:
* Compatible with the latest Microsoft Windows versions including Windows Vista and Windows 7.
* Support for Iyonix nVidia FX series graphics cards in full screen mode.
* Support for ViewFinder graphics card screen mode selection.
* Full colour mouse pointer support.
* Keyboard "lock" key synchronisation.